Following the introduction of a new leadership team and a change of over 50% of the organisation’s staff, Gate One was engaged at a critical juncture to develop and re-focus a strategy for HealthcareUK, a sponsored body of Department for International Trade, Department of Health and the NHS.
With the rapid loss of institutional memory, poor performance against targets and external threats such as Brexit a clear vision and path to delivering £5bn of export sales over a three year period. In parallel, it needed to re-engage central government sponsors, the new board and the public sector more broadly, to support these outcomes.
Over two months, our team worked bottom-up with the chief executive, COO and director of strategy to develop:
- gap analysis and competency review on the current strategy and team against top-down performance requirements,
- a five-year storyboard outlining the strategic story, vision, and development of HealthcareUK,
- a strategic roadmap, operating model, engagement plan, and
- a full board and external stakeholders briefing pack.
The overall results were an engaged board, executive and team around a new five-year strategy. Specifically this project delivered:
- A new vision and strategic mission for HealthcareUK approved by the board and sponsors.
- Defined a portfolio of programmes required to deliver £5bn of export sales over the following three years.
- A clear and approved roadmap to deliver this step-change in performance, underpinned by KPIs and reporting measures.
- An organisation design blueprint.