Our client is a major high street retailer in outdoor apparel. Faced with rapid changes in customer behaviours, the client has designed their entire organisational 5-year strategy around two clear digitally-enabled goals: understanding their customers and connecting their sales channels. To achieve their ambitious vision to grow by 70% in 5 years, our client needed to think very differently thinking not only how to engage and serve customers, but fundamentally about how the company manages internally and delivers transformational change.
OUR CLIENT SAID
“Gate One helped us get to grips with the major change challenge which underpins our journey to becoming a market leading multi-channel brand. They quickly understood our business strategy, environment and – crucially – our organisation culture, bringing insight in their analysis and clarity to our transformation roadmap. Great to work with and a quality end product.”
Supply Chain and Sourcing Director
HOW WE HELPED
Gate One were asked to support the development of a transformation roadmap and programme definition that would deliver the 5-year strategy. This involved: assessment of the business capabilities that were needed to deliver strategic outcomes; how these would be enabled through IT and business change; and the sequencing of projects and initiatives that would enable the transformation:
- Customer proposition: Identification of how transformed customer proposition of personalisation, choice and convenience is translated into operational KPIs and measurable strategic outcomes.
- Benefits: Development of a trajectory of business benefits and KPIs over 5 years that deliver a transformed customer service model.
- Scope: Development of prioritised business capabilities and their enabled supply chain and IT change initiatives that comprise the scope of the 5-year transformation.
- Roadmap: Development of a sequenced programme of IT and business change delivery over 5 years, including identification of capacity and capability challenges vs existing organisation.
- Governance: Design of a light-touch programme management governance framework to ensure business ownership and oversight of the transformation.