Our client was undertaking the acquisition of another major retailer. This required a programme of work to optimise both teams for success including the design of a new commercial operating model, organisation structure and way of working.
A new global sales capability organisation was required to continue to drive salesforce improvement and commercial execution globally. To achieve the ambitious targets across the organisation, headcount was to be reduced by c50% and incorporate the best of both legacy organisations’ tools, processes and capability assets.
Working closely with both VPs, functional experts, another consultancy and specialist agencies, our approach encompassed the following:
- Developed programme vision and objectives.
- Defined programme structure, scope, programme plan and associated governance for a global team.
- Worked with integration management office to manage all integration inter-dependencies, fulfil reporting requirements and manage associated programme risk.
- Designed and facilitated numerous organisation design workshops, meetings and reviews in a sensitive and tense environment with senior audiences.
- Organisation design: developed sales capability framework and maturity model to assess capabilities, and developed strategy for new sales capability function – to incorporate a more operational remit.
- Business case development: developed detailed business outlining detailed enablement costs and saving and developed detailed implementation roadmap for new model in 2015.
- Cost savings achieved: recommended and agreed model exceeded synergy targets by c20%.