Gate One is delighted to have been nominated for the Lord Mayor’s Dragon Awards for Boosting Social Impact.
The Boosting Social Impact Award is for businesses that are multiplying their impact in Greater London by enabling others to succeed. It celebrates organisations that support small businesses, social enterprises and charities to start up, grow or become more sustainable and impactful, in turn creating a vibrant ecosystem that benefits people and communities across the capital.
The digital and business transformation consultancy is about delivering change that counts – for its customers, its industry, its team, and the wider world. Through its partnership with Coin Street Community Builders, Gate One aims to deliver meaningful change by supporting young entrepreneurs through mentoring, workshops and funding.
“Giving back to our community is an extremely important part of our culture at Gate One. To have our work with Coin Street recognised through this award reflects the power of our partnership and the possibilities it can bring in terms of uplifting young people.” Umbar Shakir, Client Director and CSR Lead.
Since the beginning of our partnership with Coin Street in 2017, our team has surpassed its fundraising target, raising over £9,000 to date. This has helped fund several initiatives, including:
- the Upgrade Yourself Programme, which helps young people aged 16-30 (and early intervention from 12 years upwards) to reach goals they previously saw as unattainable
- two, six-week training programmes focused on business start-up and development
- a platform for young people to meet business mentors to discuss their specific ideas
- bespoke workshops with guest speakers on pitching your idea and sharing best practice
- an Enterprise Pop-up Marketplace at the Coin Street neighbourhood centre for new SMEs.
“This input is so important in helping to ensure that young people growing up locally know that the amazing array of career and business opportunities available here on the South Bank equally applies and is accessible to them.” Elizabeth Owens, Chair of Coin Street Centre Trust.
As Gate One continues to grow, it is looking for innovative ways to continue supporting Coin Street and FareShare, its other corporate social responsibility partner. This includes a regular calendar of fundraising events and volunteering opportunities for the Gate One team to draw on its consulting knowledge to help develop the skills of Coin Street staff.