Our client, a FTSE 100 Life Sciences organisation, wanted to enhance their marketing capability. Having already successfully supported them through the development of their foundational marketing capability as part of a wider programme of work, Gate One was asked to continue supporting as they made a step change to provide smarter marketing capability through leveraging the combined power of data, digital and technology.
This change was to serve two purposes:
- To provide top-line growth through the ability to effectively market brands to Health Care Professionals (HCPs)
- To create operational efficiencies through smarter marketing capability
Gate One established a central programme management office to support the delivery of a data-driven marketing programme, providing programme rigour through integrated end-to-end planning, governance and effective structural set-up. This structure ensured agility and pace as the project was to be delivered within tight timelines – first phase within 2 months, second the following 2 months.
Regional and therapy area level stakeholder engagement was required to ensure all parties were able to move at pace and implement. Gate One were integral to ensure clear lead/lag measurements were in place to support this decision making; whilst also embedding further marketing analytics capability and build were in place.
Furthermore, as the marketing organisation went through wider organisational change/direction – Gate One was also pulled in to support the standing up of a new marketing organisation and for implementing further synergies that were identified to bolster this marketing capability, whilst at the same time reducing repetition of an activity and driving a streamlined approach.
Gate One successfully supported the client in enhancing their marketing capability within the 4 month engagement period:
- ~2-3% uptick in prescription results year on year (brand dependent).
- An uptick in marketing lead metrics e.g. click-through rates, website conversations through relevant channels.
- Delivery of a rapid step-change in marketing capability to meet organisational demand esp. during a post-COVID-19 position to ensure top-line growth and serve HCPs more effectively.