After many years of successful and rapid expansion, our client started to face organisational complexity. Internal challenges included over-lapping accountabilities and fragmented decision-making.
Our client launched a programme to define and implement a clear target operating model (TOM), their first ever enterprise-wide transformation programme, to support its future growth.
The team established a robust TOM transformation roadmap and governance into the CEO and Board to enable recommendations, agile decision making and allow challenge to design options.
It was critical to the overall success of the programme that the various business leads owned the design and implementation of their organisational changes. Our bespoke toolkit and Ripple Effect philosophy underpinned this line-led approach by embedding small, expert teams alongside our client’s own teams.
Working shoulder-to-shoulder, the Gate One and client team delivered a new TOM that enabled:
- a scalable operating model set up for the future,
- clearer decision making and more empowered leadership accountabilities,
- a leaner, more focused organisation to ensure ongoing cost competitiveness,
- new digital and data capability, and
- a legacy of enhanced transformation skills for HR and business leaders.