Our client, the UK and Ireland (UK&I) arm of a leading tour operator, needed to replace its out-dated core IT and customer-facing systems to enable future growth. A critical step in their journey was transforming a transaction-based company to a customer centric one.
Involving over 500 people and impacting the whole business, it was the largest, most complex programme the company had ever undertaken. The transformation included the design and delivery of business-critical migration to new technology, whilst minimising the impact on commercial performance.
The traditional, transactional view held back the strategic thinking to create a customer centric business. The programme required refocusing and redirecting to deliver on time for the critical deadlines. We worked at the board level to design and shape vital decisions to ensure a successful delivery.
The client recognised that they needed support to lead and deliver this critical transformation. Gate One partnered with the client to embed a robust, flexible and comprehensive programme management approach.
By successfully transitioning to new technology, our client:
- is more focused on improving the overall customer experience,
- has a flexible business model with new digital ways of working,
- is radically transformed into an online drive, customer-centric, multi-channel business, and
- has better customer insights.
- Created a new culture of transparency and honesty, which boosted team morale and motivation.