A leading sports and entertainment provider with a complex portfolio of venues and festivals across Europe wanted to maintain their ‘best in class’ service offering in the face of increasing competition and changing needs.
While the customer experience was a critical factor, they also wanted to understand how to correlate what is important to customers and the impact on commercial performance, both to inform future investment priorities and sponsorship opportunities.
We took an outside-in approach, considering their customers, competitors, European organisation and wider business capability.
- In-depth interviews with 40 stakeholders across the business to understand their objectives and challenges today.
- A rich tapestry of insights into consumer needs, corroborated from direct consumer research (9000+ respondents), a detailed market trends analysis and scanning of best practice across sectors.
- Mapping of an end-to-end customer journey to understand pain points today.
- Developed a European wide strategic framework to deliver an improved customer experience across venues and festivals, focusing on doing the basics brilliantly, creating memories and measuring what matters.
- Identified 120 opportunities to improve customer experience and business revenue, to be delivered via design thinking sprints.