A major sports and gaming organisation with operations in multiple countries and a large retail and digital business, was facing several key challenges.
The client sought to expand their digital business, improve their technology infrastructure and embed innovation in business operations, whilst needing to reduce costs in a highly competitive and challenging environment.
Gate One led the CIO and IT leadership team through a full scoping and design exercise to define the core components of the target operating model for the technology function.
The approach was highly consultative, working shoulder-to-shoulder with our key stakeholders. Together, we created a blueprint for the future technology business, with new designs for each of the operating model areas. This included a Scaled Agile and DevOps methodology, a new organisational structure, role changes and a new governance structure.
The designs were underpinned by a robust business case and implementation plan and were signed off by the company’s executive.
The new technology operating model supports the long-term strategy of the business, delivering:
- a new scaled agile framework to drive efficiencies and promote greater and quicker product development,
- innovation and design thinking processes which will now be rolled out firmwide,
- a new organisational structure with greater clarity and alignment of roles and greater collaboration between technology and the business leading to future cost savings,
- a roadmap to get to the desired culture, including the plan to drive key cultural interventions such as improved performance management processes and greater levels of communications, and
- a new governance framework and refreshed terms of reference, which will lead to a more efficient and streamlined process.
Gate One was subsequently engaged to support the implementation phase of the programme, working with the client in a ‘line led’ approach, providing programme management and subject matter expertise.